Wednesday, April 4, 2012

conference

Another great weekend for us! I got to enjoy the amazing weather all day Friday watching the BYU women's tennis match... and had a bright red face and tan lines to show for it. It was the first time in awhile that I can remember actually getting burnt, because of my darker skin. But that's what happens after a lack of sun all winter and being outside for five hours straight. My hands were even burnt! I loved it though and can't wait for the men to play this Friday and Saturday. After the match, Mike called me and said his boss gave us tickets to the Jazz/Kings game. We were so excited because we hadn't been yet this year and we love basketball (and every other sport for that matter), especially when we get to cheer on BYU's very own Jimmer.


Saturday we enjoyed two wonderful sessions of general conference. I loved Elder Packer's talk on families and children, Elder Oaks on sacrifice, and President Eyring's on the foundation of our faith. And of course Elder Holland's was a favorite. I can't wait to read all the talks on lds.org

While Mike was at priesthood, Alexis and I had dinner with Mike's grandma. After, Alexis and I enjoyed Red Mango before I went and practiced piano. I'm determined to be good one of these days... still waiting on that day to come though! 

Heaven on earth!
Sunday we went to the Weekes' house (we missed them while they were in St. George!) and watched conference with Tanner. I loved President Uchtdorf's and Elder Rasband's talks! Mike's aunt and uncle had us over for the yummiest dinner Sunday night! His cousins LOVE playing with him. Mike's going to make the best dad. 


The basketball star had another game last night, and of course they won. They're moving onto the elite 8 and I don't think anyone can stop them. "Cash Money" (yes, their team name kills me) has a football game tonight too. I work the BYU baseball game Thursday night and then the men's tennis matches Friday and Saturday. I'm loving all these sports! Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment