Sunday, December 9, 2012

thanksgiving

Better late than never for a Thanksgiving post, right? The weather starts to cool down in Provo and that's Mike's sign it's time to pack our bags. Nov. 2 marked our first adventure as we jetted off to... LONDON! It honestly was a dream come true for me. I'll hopefully get around to posting pictures this week. After a short two weeks back in Provo we headed to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving with my family. Two and a half weeks later (this Thursday) we'll be off to Maui before wrapping up Christmas at my house in California. I love all our travels! But January rolls around and it's nice to be in one place :)

For Thanksgiving, we got together with my dad's family for my Papa's (AND his twin sister's) 90th birthday! It was great to see my dad's side because we rarely are able to anymore. It was neat that every member of both families was there to celebrate at the big birthday bash. Happy Birthday Papa!





It was our first time to Palm Springs and we loved it! We stayed at the JW Marriott and it was an awesome resort, we loved it. Mike, Tryg and my dad had a great time golfing during the trip while the rest of us hit the gym. My brother Chad and sister Shelby know how to whip us into shape! We all did a CrossFit workout Thanksgiving morning and I couldn't walk the rest of the trip. But of course we had to get some tennis in. I had never played on grass courts before, it was awesome!

Trygve wanted to be in the picture :)
 I love having a sister... she's the only one that will ever take a picture with me! :)

I am so grateful for my family. Words can't even express how much I love and cherish them. They are my everything and make make every day brighter. 

I'm especially grateful for my other half. Life wouldn't be the same (and definitely not as much fun) without him. He's truly destined for greatness. From the first day I met him, I always knew he could (and would) change the world.

Before we headed to Palm Springs, we stopped at one of my favorite places during Christmas - the Grove in L.A. If you have never been there, you're missing out! It's a party even without the decorations but it's magical during the holidays.


One of these days I'll figure out how to make my pictures look pretty!




No comments:

Post a Comment