Wednesday, August 28, 2013

newport beach + a month at home + chad goes on a mission

Way back when (time to play catchup).... We took a family trip (we missed Mike!) to Newport Beach. It is one of our favorite places! It was one last hooray with Chad before he left on his mission. We had the best time riding bikes, surfing, laying out, playing basketball, having game nights, stuffing our faces with the best food... the works. We stayed right on the beach and had a party!

 Yes, we were that hillbilly family that decided AFTER we left the beach, to go to Capital Grill. We got lots of lovely stares :)

We rode bikes everywhere and I LOVED it!!

As hard as I tried, I just couldn't keep up with these two on our runs!

 Rocking a 27 week baby bump! I had a great big growth spurt right before we got to the beach, just what I wanted :)


 I still can't believe Steele is the same height as me now 
(well, I think I still have about half an inch on him!)









Apparently my siblings got all the ABS genes!!

 My brothers are STUDS! I can't believe how much they have grown up.



Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a trip to Rain Forest Cafe. Yes, the food isn't that great, but it is so fun! We surprised Chad (who had his 19th birthday a few weeks before) with a birthday cake. He was in shock and it was hilarious. I was so disappointed that I missed him putting his face in the cake though!





We thought the muscle man represented him well ;)

We couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the Newport Beach temple while we were there. It's stunning. There's no place I'd rather be than at the temple with my family!




On our way home we went through the temple together as a family (we're just waiting for you Steele!). It is a day I will cherish for the rest of my life. It was the first time I went through with Chad. We had an unforgettable experience. I can't wait until we get to go again when he gets back from his mission! 

 Tryg and Shelb were married in the LA temple three years ago.

 Tryg's parents, Ole and Marty, were so sweet to join us. We had a great day at the temple and then capped it off with Ruth's Chris. Our favorite! Ole shared the best mission advice with Chad.


Those close to me know how dear I hold my brother to my heart. He is everything in my eyes!

The next day, Chad gave his farewell talk. He did such a wonderful job! I wish I had a copy of it. It was more than just a "I'm going on a mission" talk. He uplifted, inspired, and edified all of us. As he has his whole life. 

Tryg and Shelby had to go back to Provo, but Mike traded places and finally was able to come out. We had a great last week with Chad and enjoyed one last 4th of July with him. 



The week came to an end way too fast and it was time to go home. Chad was entering the MTC on Wednesday so I decided to stay and fly back to Provo with him then, while Mike had to get back on Sunday. Tuesday night came and I decided I needed another couple of days with my mom and Steele. My mom was in charge of all the food at our 4-Stake Youth Conference that weekend (yes, just the DAY after Chad left!) and while she could have done it all along, I wanted to stay and help drive Steele around while she was busy (we live 30 minutes out of town). She did an incredible job by the way, the best food those kids have every eaten I'm sure. Everyone kept complimenting her on it. My mom is wonder woman. 

The day Chad entered the MTC I saw this most beautiful sunset driving home. I know it was Heavenly Father smiling down because one of his elect was answering His call to serve.


My silly little cousin was being so funny one day at the office. Of course I had to capture some of his faces and he wanted to see them after. All on his own, he goes "Send this one to Chad!!!" It was so sweet. But the one he picked just absolutely cracks me up. The second one is my favorite.


I had my flight to come home on Sunday but Mike decided to go to Florida for work. So.... instead of going back to Provo and being alone for the week, I figured another week at home wouldn't hurt anyone :) My two-week vacation turned into a full month (plus a couple days) at home. BEST "babymoon" ever. Thanks to my mom and Steele for letting me invade for so long!

Finally at the airport heading back to Provo.




3 comments:

  1. You are such an adorable preggo! How amazing to be able to spend a whole month with your family. I love your black and white zig zag dress and that navy blue halter swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! The picture of you in your swimsuit/sunhat and the last one of you heading home are my favorite. Hope you're doing well! Only a few weeks left til you get to meet your sweet Paxton :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm stalking your blog. 1. Congrats on your new baby! Paxton is beautiful. 2. You have the most attractive family in the world. 3. At the rate I'm going set me up with your brother when he gets home hahaha! Jk (not really).

    ReplyDelete