Tuesday, July 23, 2013

trip home

I've been falling behind on life outside of pregnancy (although that is pretty much it lately). We hosted the MPSF conference volleyball championships and won [way back in April]! We earned the No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament and I went with the team to UCLA for the national championships [in May]. It was a neat experience being down there with them. I love those guys! Don't get me wrong, I love working with the football team but the guys on the volleyball team are incredible. They are always brightening my day! They are the friendliest and so accommodating to all my requests (even though I'm sure I drive them all crazy). Anyway, we won our Final Four match and made it to the National Championship, but unfortunately lost a hard-fought, and heart-breaking, battle. I've never seen a sadder sight that than guys. They worked so hard and deserved it, but still accomplished so much and had an incredible season. I couldn't have been more proud to work with them this season!



I got to spend a lot of time with these two superstars and they have such bright and promising futures ahead. You'll see Taylor again in the 2016 Olympics, and there's a good chance Ben will be teaming up with his former teammate once again! These two are the reason I'll be a lifelong volleyball fan. I can't say thanks enough to them for making my job so easy all year long.

Because I was already down in LA, I got to go home for a couple days (which turned into a lot longer luckily!). There is no place like home. Mike came out too. Whenever we go home we never want to leave. And always stay a few extra days :)






This perfectly describes us. Chad goofing off. Me drinking water. Steele being perfect. [actually, he's usually the one goofing off :)]

1 comment: