Tuesday, October 9, 2012

fall colors


disclaimer: pictures do not do ANY justice

Two weeks ago Mike treated me to a day of whatever I wanted to do (he is the sweetest!) I had really wanted to go hike around Sundance because of how pretty the colors were when we took family pictures. Because Mike is not a fan of hiking, I made a couple attempts to go up while he was gone on business. But my plans seemed to keep falling through, mostly because it kept raining on me! When Mike got back he knew I still hadn't gone so he threw on some running shoes and took me up. While we were driving we started talking about the Alpine Loop, I had never been past Aspen Grove. So we compromised - we could drive the Alpine Loop if we didn't stop and hike haha hence the reason I was left to snap a couple pictures from inside the car, while driving. I can't believe how beautiful Provo Canyon is. We live in such an incredible place! My family's home is in the mountains in California and it's breathtaking, but nothing beats the fall colors here. I love being in nature and away from the city (I grew up in the country and nothing could have been better). It gives you such a different perspective on life and reminds you of the things that are most important. It's a great opportunity to get away from the rush of the world and remember all that you have to be grateful for. We've been blessed with an immaculate world to live in and I couldn't be more thankful to my Heavenly Father for it.




1 comment: