Sunday, May 13, 2012

my amazing mother

My mom is the first person I ran to hug after walking out of the temple on my wedding day. I love that you can see Mike in the background too. My mom was the most influential person in Mike and I's relationship - and we will never be able to thank her enough. 


I wish more than anything that I could be with her on Mother's Day. She is truly my best friend. There are many great mothers in the world, but I could not be more blessed to have the one I do. My Heavenly Father truly blessed me with the most incredible woman you will ever meet. Not only is she the nicest, but she is the perfect example of selflessness. She embodies the Savior's example of service. Never once has she put herself before someone else. She has given her life to her four children, raising us to be the best we can be. She has always encouraged me and inspired me, and taught me to believe in myself. My mom has always been there for me, throughout the ups and downs of my life. We've cried together and laughed together, and have many amazing memories together that I will cherish forever. There's not a moment that goes by that I don't smile when I think about her. The biggest compliment I ever receive is when people compare me to my mom. She touches and influences all those who are fortunate enough to know her; she has changed countless lives, including mine. I am grateful for her burning testimony and her example of what matters most in life. I hope and pray to be more like her everyday. The world is a better place because of my mom. 

I'm grateful to have an amazing mother-in-law too! Those who know Stephanie know how lucky I am. Her happiness is contagious and she is always a party to be with! Happy Mother's Day to two incredible women. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw Whitney this is so sweet! I love your mom so much! She truly
    is such an amazing woman! :)

    ReplyDelete