Thursday, May 31, 2012

chad's graduation + lots of pictures

For Memorial weekend we took a trip home for my brother Chad's high school graduation. I can't believe he is done with high school and going to be a freshman at BYU! I'm so proud of him and all he has accomplished. It seems like just yesterday he was graduating from junior high. He's grown up to be the most incredible young man and BYU is lucky to be getting him. The world is a better place because of him.
Steele had a basketball scrimmage while we were there, and of course, the first play he sunk a three. He's growing up to be quite the baller!
One of his MANY steals
Chad and a few of his friends had a graduation party on Saturday and it was so much fun. When I heard they were having bounce houses, I thought they'd just be for the kids. I think we had more fun on them though!
I lost Mike for a bit and this is where I found him :)
My adorable cousins Sophie & Ford
Now that Steele is the lone man of the house (although he likes the idea of him being the "boss"), my parents got him a dog to keep him company. Steele named him Capo (Italian for boss) and he is the cutest little thing. Unfortunately, he won't stay this size for long. Steele absolutely LOVES him and it was so cute to see how good he was with him and how well he took care of him. I know it's a long way off, but Steele is going to make a great dad one day.
Capo loved curling up in my lap
We also did a little boxing over the weekend. Shelby had me beat (purely off intimidation) until I decided wrestling was allowed :) 
It was another amazing trip home. There truly is no place like home. I'm glad that we were all about to be there to support Chad in his big achievement and I can't wait to see what he accomplishes next. Girls, watch out. Chad Brooks is coming to Provo! He has always been a babe magnet, and it's easy to see why. I love that guy with all my heart. The end of June cannot come soon enough when he'll be here in Provo with me.

Another great thing about home, you can't get a better freeway drive than this... (Santa Barbara)
Now we're off to Vegas for the weekend. Lots of traveling for us and we love it!

4 comments:

  1. SOO FUN!! Hahaha, my favorite pic might be you beating up shelby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you all had lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sky you should see the rest of the pictures...they are all of me on top of her. The one she posted was the only time she got on top! haha good pics whit besides the one where you look like you are winning;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like such a fun trip!! I need to see you soon so I can hear more about it. I seriously am obsessed with that little puppy! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete